Masala Roasted Potatoes w/ Spicy Herb Tahini Sauce
by Akshaya Murali
- 1 kg/ 2.2 lbs washed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon House Gold Masala
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Chopped scallions, chives or other herbs (we love garlic chives)
- Toasted sesame seeds
Spicy Herb Tahini sauce
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 green chilli
- Zest & juice of 1 lemon
- A handful of packed cilantro (leaves & stem)
- 11/2 or 2 tablespoon maple syrup/or honey
- ¼ cup water
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Put the potatoes and about 2 teaspoon salt into a saucepan and cover with water. Place on medium high heat and bring to a boil, then simmer for about 6-7 minutes, until the potatoes are almost cooked but still retain a bite.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and give it a good shake to drain off the excess water.
- Return the potatoes to the same saucepan add the olive or butter, 2 teaspoon house gold masala, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt and a generous grind of black pepper.
- Arrange the potatoes on the prepared baking tray and roast for 40-45 minutes, until golden, flipping halfway through.
- While the potatoes are in the oven, make the sauce. Add all the ingredients along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor. Add a couple of tablespoons of water and blend to a smooth sauce, we recommend a dippable consistency.
- Once the potatoes are done, garnish with sesame seeds and freshly chopped herbs. Serve hot with the spicy herb tahini sauce.