Tray Bake Masala Tacos
by Akshaya Murali
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon House Gold Masala
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 cauliflower, washed and cut into florets (Don’t discard the leaves and stem – cut them into small pieces too)
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- I can of chickpeas, washed and drained
12-16 small flour or corn tortilla
Avocado jalapeno cilantro sauce
- 1 Avocado, pitted
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 2-3 scallions
- ¼ olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add olive oil, tomato paste, house gold masala, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Stir to form a thick paste.
- Add the cauliflower florets along with chopped stems and leaves, onion, red pepper and chickpeas.
- Arrange in the prepared roasting tray and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the cauliflower turns crispy & golden.
- While the vegetables are in the oven, make the sauce. Add all the ingredients along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor. Add a couple of tablespoons of water and blend to a smooth sauce, we recommend spreadable consistency.
- Heat a flour tortilla on the stove until warmed through with a few dark spots.
- To assemble, spread the avocado jalapeno cilantro sauce on the taco.
- Fill with roasted tray bake veggies and enjoy.